Welcome Guest Teacher! Students should work their way down this page on their Chromebooks.
augment, wretched, meager, suppress, exuberant, impede, fleeting, wry, lethargic, escalate
- _____ Pic of a basketball player getting in another player’s way as he drives to the basket.
- _____ Drawing of a face with hands covering the eyes and mouth.
- _____ Pic of a little boy very excited and joyful about a pine tree.
- _____ Pic of a plate with one pea on it and a knife and fork poised over it.
- The mayfly’s life is very _____. A mayfly only lives to reproduce and is alive for only 24 hours.
- After the police mishandled the fight, it ____(ed) into a riot.
- He tried to ___ his income by selling magazines door to door.
- Although you might think they do, recent studies have concluded that cough _____(ants) don’t really stop your cough.
- Some teachers keep their classrooms very cold because they think it keeps the students from being too ____.
- The amount of food coupons given to the Jews only allowed them very ____ portions, not enough to get by legally.
- The prisoners in Auschwitz were kept in ____ conditions.
- The Lemony Snicket books are known for their ____ humor about seemingly terrible events.
- On the last day of school, the kids ran _____(ly) through the halls.
- His pants were so tight they _____(ed) his movement.
B. Go to NEWSELA and take another Reading Skills Check.
C. Vladek Reading Check
- What does Francoise mean when she says, “I’ll bet you that Anja’s notebooks were written on both sides of the page…” ?
- Why do Vladek and the others not go through with their plan to escape Auschwitz?
- Where does Vladek say his “troubles began”?
- Why did the French man share his food with Vladek?
D. Work on your Interview and/or you 600 words for next week.