DO NOT ATTEMPT THE TEST EARLY! REPEAT: DO NOT ATTEMPT THE TEST EARLY!
“Mental Floss, 9/3 (9/4)” IN NOTEBOOK!
Brain teasers and trick questions to scrape the mucous off your brain before the test. Purely extra credit. NO penalty for wrong answers, so you may as well guess. Write the answers in your notebook If it looks like a trick, it probably is.
- You have two coins that total 15 cents, but one of them is not a nickel. How is that possible?
- What is the volume of dirt in a hole 6 feet long, 8 feet deep, and 4 feet wide?
- A farmer had seventeen sheep; all but nine died. How many are left?
- What heavy six letter word can you take one letter away from and have eight left?
- You are in a mountain cabin, and it is freezing and dark. The cabin has an old gas lantern, a wood burning stove, and an oil burning heater. You have only one match. Which do you light first?
- A fish weighs 10 pounds plus half its weight. How much does it weigh? (Not a trick; just math.)
- There were 3 in class vocabs worth 29 points: 10 + 10 + 9. Look in your notebook and add up your scores. If you had extra words, you might have more than 29! Yay!
- Also check to see if you did both the definitions and the Show Me You Knows.
- Then, in the chat, type VOCAB: __/20 and defs/smyk/both. So if you got 27 right in class and did both defs and SMYK’s then you would type:
VOCAB: 27/20, both +2 for Mental Floss.
- If you did extra credit sentences, come back in the afternoon to show them to me.
Test Links. Write the answers in your notebook under the Title “Test #1.” This way we can double check what you intended to type in the test form.
You can get the app for your phone by going to your phone’s app store and searching for ThatQuiz.
You may use your notebook to help you and for the list of vocab words. You may also scroll down and click the link for the Outsiders excerpt we read. There is a 30 minute time limit! Make sure you click the link for your class! Keep your camera on! When you’re ready, click the link for your class, type your 6-digit student ID, and GO!
Period One: Test 1.
Period Two: Test 1
Period Three: Test 1
Period Five: Test 1
Period Six: Test 1
Finished early? Your choices:
1) Doodle Theme: The messiest room you can imagine. The theme is optional; you may doodle about whatever you want. Take a pic and email it to me. If I like it, you get extra credit.
2) Read something.
3) Stare blankly (and silently) into space.
4) Do other classwork.