Go over homework.
“Academic Words, 9/8 (9/9).” Words that make you sound smart! Five every “Monday” of our virtual week. They are sort of like vocab although no definitions needed.
status, potential, mature, impact, guidelines
You will use each word once for the pics and once again for the sentences.
6. Doctors are worried about the new drug’s _____ side effects.
7. KBARR has a large ____ on your grade…
8. …so you should make sure you follow the ____ and do it correctly.
9. Their bodies were ____, but they still behaved like children.
10. Since we were separated and without cell phone coverage, we didn’t know the ____ of the other group.
Debrief Test #1.
- Even though he may not be “book-smart” he has a lot of _____ about the world.
- Her outlook on life was as _____ as the surface of the moon after the accident.
- “I shouldn’t have done that,” he said with a ___ sigh.
- “It’s just because you’re the baby–I mean he loves you a lot. Do you ____?” (not fathom)
- For Esteban, the word dropout had the ____of a delinquent who breaks windows and graffitis and such.
- Even though I was nervous, I tried to act cool and ______.
- I was able to _____ the meaning of the word from the way it was used in the sentence.
- It was complete ______ when I got the puppy I wanted.
- She is a very good bowler a) adjective b) not an adjective
- She bowls very well. a) adjective b) not an adjective
- She has a lot of basketball savvy. a) adjective b) not an adjective
- Do you savvy what I’m saying? a) adjective b) not an adjective
- The expression “Mind your own business” is a motto. a) True b) False
- The expression “Ignorance is bliss” is a motto. a) True b)False
- In the poem “Delinquent,” who’s (the) delinquent? a) Julie’s parents b) Julie c) society d) All of the above. e) NOTA
- How old is the narrator of The Outsiders? a) 14 b) 16 c) 17 d) 20 e) NOTAThe Outsiders
- lb. : pound :: Soc : _______ a) society b) sock c) greaser d) social e) punch f) NOTA
- Which brother is hard and firm? a) narrator b) Darry c) Soda
- Which brother is a loner? a) narrator b) Darry c) Soda
- The expression “to dig” means…
- What are the connotations of the word “outsider”?
- What does it mean to say, “Don’t judge a book by its cover”? (Example from the Adjectives video)
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd person narrators.
THIS AFTERNOON: EVERYBODY comes back to set up their KBARR!