Warm Up during Roll: In the chat, list all the adjectives you can find in the following sentence, but DO NOT HIT ENTER UNTIL I TELL YOU!
“He had an elfish face, with high cheekbones and a pointed chin.” (Bonus: Which character from The Outsiders is being described here?)
KBARR INFO: I took down last week’s forum because we’re on a new week! Start a new topic with your book title and reply to it all week in the new forum! Make-up KBARR can only be done on weekends and should be labeled as such in the post!
Test #2: Friday, 9/18 for Pers. 1,2,3. Messy Room also due. Monday, 9/21 for Pers. 5,6. Messy Room also due.
Includes: Adjectives, Verbs, Vocab, Outsiders. (The link will work after lunch today.)
“Verbs!” and “Mr. Morton.”
- A verb is a word that shows action (jump) or being (am, is)!
- The main verb in a sentence is called the predicate
“Verbs, 9/16 (9/17).” (10) Write the words that are used as verbs in each sentence. There are 10 in all.
- “I am wet!” she cried, with a frown on her face.
- Millie felt scared as she peeked around the corner.
- I climbed Mt. Cheese only to find that the view was disappointing.
- Mr. Morton is the subject of the sentence, and what the predicate says he does.
Vocabulary, 9/16 (9/17).” (11p) Write the word.
- laugh : happy :: _____ : hurt
- I tried to act cheerful, but it was just a __. I was really depressed inside.
- Her gentleness was a(n) _______ in her job as a veterinarian.
- If you make the Scholar List you are a part of the educational _______.
- Even after I read the poem three times, the meaning still ______(ed) me.
- The ____ firefighters battled the dangerous fire and saved the family.
- It would be ironic for a pilot to be scared of heights. True / False