Check-in in Chat: COPY the Sentence that is completely correct or type “they are all wrong.” (Use < > for the Italics.)
Which one is correct? a) On the album Megatron, my favorite song is “Do You Love Me?” b) On the album Megatron, my favorite song is Do You Love Me? c) On the album “Megatron,” my favorite song is Do You Love Me? d) On the album Megatron, my favorite song is “Do You Love Me?”. e) They are all wrong!
Test04-2020 Preview: Apostrophes, FRO’s, Vocab, Outsiders. The test is Monday (10/19) for Periods 1,2,3 and Tuesday (10/20) for Periods 5,6.
ATTENTION: NO KBARR RESPONDING NEXT WEEK (10/19-10/23)! JUST DO YOUR READING AND YOUR CHARTING!
AFTERNOON SGI: Come back if you’ve shared your Perfect Music AND you want a little help with it.
Perfect? I don’t think so!! Examples: notPerfect.
PERFECT PAPERS are due Monday (10/19) for Periods 1,2,3 and Tuesday (10/20) for Periods 5,6.
“Sentence Scramble, 10/15 (10/16)”
Unscramble into one smooth sentence. Do not add or subtract any words. Punctuate! Extra ways = Extra points.
- * her creamed corn * yelling * at the baby sitter * onto the floor * Jennifer flipped
- * almost on tiptoe *of the hospital *we went in *because the quietness *scared us
Apostrophes, 10/15 (10/16)
- _____ llama was selected for the fair. (Charles)
- I got all ____ on my report card. (A)
- The _____ lounge is usually off-limits to students. (More than one.) (teacher)
- _____ llama is that? (who)
- The _____ was the best decade for music. (70)
- The teacher’s attitude was very _____(ing); he always treated his class like they were in kindergarten.
- nonchalant : hysterical :: gossipy : _____
- Life is made up of thousands of ____ decisions every day, but some are more important than others.
- If you ____ (ed) Chipotle the other night, it benefited the band program.
- Buck Merrill sometimes sold _____ alcohol. (It was called bootlegging.)
- A spy must be ____ and not go blabbing secrets around.
- I finally had to poke him to ____ any response at all!
The Outsiders! The PLOT begins