- Supply the missing four words to make a famous expression. (No, you don’t get to ask any questions.)
“Failure ____ ____ ____ ____.”
Options: a) Success b) Victory c) Triumph d) Accomplishment
- In each sentence below, an animal is concealed. For example, the sentence, “What shall I do, Gertrude?” has the word dog concealed. Find the hidden animal in each sentence.
- a) He used his powers of persuasion to summon key people to the meeting.
- b) Did I ever tell you, that at camp in the fall, I once found a ten dollar gold piece?
- c) Asking nutty questions can be most annoying.
- A man made up a seven-character password (letters and numbers only) for his e-mail account, and he wanted to write it down somewhere in case he forgot it. But he didn’t want to write down the actual password, so he wrote this sentence: “You force Heaven to be empty.” What was his password?
- What famous saying is represented here?
zain yain xain wain vain uain tain sain rain qain oain nain main lain kain jain iain hain fain eain dain cain bain aain
- A pen and a pencil together cost $1.10. The pen costs exactly $1.00 more than the pencil. What does each cost? (Not a trick, just math.)
Enter Scores into Chat:
Periods 5,6 –>
Vocab: 11/9: ___/11, 11/5:___/12, 11/3:___/11 (___/34)
Clauses: 11/9: ___/7, 11/5:___/6, 11/3:___/5 (___/18)
Bonus: Mental Floss
SGI Thursday,11/12: Extra Credit Vocab, Zeros. Test Retakes will be Monday, 11/16.
You should be doing KBARR responding again. Vocab Definitions are due Monday, 11/16.
As Always: Write the answers in your notebook with the title Test #6.
You may use your S/CD/CX notes and the Outsiders book to help you.
Retakes will be Friday, 11/13 for Per. 1,2,3 and Monday, 11/16 for Per. 5,6 during SGI.
DOODLE THEME: A PERFECT WORLD