PRIVATE!!!! Check in in Chat: Type your TWO BEST EXAMPLES of your SMYK’s. They must SHOW ME YOU KNOW the meanings of the words. If you didn’t do them, be honest and say so, and get them finished by this afternoon and send me a pic!
NO SGI TODAY. If you have grade issues, we’ll deal with it on Friday.
You should have a new KBARR chart going, and have at least two posts on the current forum.
No more homework this week except KBARR!
Test #7 will be Thursday, 11/19 for Periods 1,2,3 and Friday, 11/20 for Periods 5,6. It will look much like today’s shtuff!
Here is the Preview: Test 0720 Preview.
“Vocab, 11/17 (11/18)”
- After he forgot his wife’s birthday, he had to _____ for several days before she forgave him.
- He practiced the skate trick ______(ly) until he got it right.
- My mom didn’t find my reasons for “needing” an X-Box13 very _____, so I was denied.
- He was so hungry that he ate the food, ____ of the mold around the edges.
- The warnings about the storm were ____. It was clear you needed to take cover.
- compelling : boring :: cordial : ____
- The boy ______(ly) rode his bike into the busy street.
- The lawyer’s argument was so _____ the jury acquitted his client.
- The clown _____(tion) filled the parking lot with tiny cars.
- compelling : boring :: rare: _____
- Most stores these days don’t ____ over the price.
- His _____ facade hid a very dangerous person.
- gossipy : discreet :: safe : ______
- The only noun on the list: ______
“S/CD/CX, 11/17 (11/18).” Write S, CD, CX, or Fragment for each. Because the llama forgot his wallet, he couldn’t buy broccoli. He didn’t want to embarrass the llama, so he didn’t act affectionate. The llama ate his doctor-recommended doughnut for breakfast this morning. It seemed essential to eat broccoli, but I watched the llamas instead. When the llamas get the chance. We can wait here until the llama calls us. If we don’t repair the dam, the llamas will rush through. You’ll know the llama’s intentions when she gets here. * As part of his occupation, his partner was a llama with a leather jacket. * The llama ate several hotdogs, went on a ride, and ate several more. BONUS: Name the FANBOYS. (+2 for all 7, +1 for 6/7.) BONUS II: The FANBOYS are all a type of _______. (noun, verb, etc…)
PRIVATELY IN CHAT:
- In chapter 6, S. E. Hinton uses humor several times to “take the edge off” the seriousness of the situations. Give one example. There are at least three. (+1 each extra)
- What was the inciting incident of the Pony v Darry conflict? What was the climax?