Last Day of the Semester! No SGI today; no point!
Send your KBARR chart TODAY as soon as you do your reading!
PLEASE RETURN YOUR OUTSIDERS BOOK ASAP!
We will be starting a new book next semester, and you need a copy. Follow the link to sign up and then come get your copy!
MAUS Book Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf-z1TnaaSYPvx4v0T9K-_CjIUE4Zkb_oT8LmZmRlM3mvdWZQ/viewform
NO SCHOOL MONDAY AND TUESDAY!
SCORES in CHAT: Just Vocab: ___/15, ___/15, ___/13
Mental Floss. Respond PRIVATELY in chat!
- Shmartiopolis was bragging to his friends that he was such an excellent darts player, he could hit the dartboard in any location at any time. “I’ll bet a hundred dollars that, no matter what position you name on the board, I’ll be able to hit it from 10 feet away.” Maddy, tired of Shmartiopolis’s bragging, shouted out an answer and won the bet. Where on the dartboard did Maddy suggest?
- Wacky Wordies: a) b) 22Day
- What 8-letter word uses the letter “g” four times?
- A tennis player is ranked number 200. He moved up 87, went down 28, and went up 117 places. What is he ranked?
- A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, an attractive girl with the unusual name of Pibbles. The bus driver had to go on a long bus trip that would last a week. Before he left, he gave Pibbles seven apples. Why?
- Use the clues below to figure out the missing four words to complete the old expression:
Baby = Slept peacefully. Child = Slept well. Woman = Slept restlessly. Man = Slept peacefully.
—>The man ___ ___ ___ ___.
Here are the Emily Dickinson poems again for reference.
|Much Madness is divinest Sense–
To a discerning Eye–
Much Sense–the starkest Madness–
‘Tis the Majority
In this, as All, prevail–
Assent–and you are sane–
Demur–you’re straightway dangerous–
And handled with a Chain–
|I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Then there’s a pair of us!
Don’t tell! they’d banish us–you know!How dreary–to be–Somebody!
How public–like a Frog–
To tell your name–the livelong June–
To an admiring Bog!
|If I can stop one Heart from breaking
I shall not live in vain
If I can ease one life the Aching
Or cool one Pain
Or help one fainting Robin
Unto his Nest again
I shall not live in Vain.
|Fame is a bee
It has a song–
It has a sting–
Ah, too, it has a wing.