New “Notetaking” Tip: Each class period, create a GDoc with the day/date as the title. Copy all my questions during the period into your doc and when I go over the answers, type in the answer. Add anything I might have called attention to while we read. Now you have a great study doc for the test! Or use the same doc for the whole week of work!
Go ahead; do it now! DO NOT SHARE IT WITH ME!! This is for you, not me!
Check-in in Chat. PRIVATE!!! Is the sentence… Simple, Compound, Complex, Fragment, or Run-on? Also…cough cough…on the…cough cough…test.
- Although he said he wouldn’t, he did.
- Across from my house there is a llama ranch.
- If you have only one subject and verb.
- He said he wouldn’t, but he lied.
- Over the hills and through the woods to Grandmother’s house we go.
Send your KBARR this evening after you finish!
Test #13 will be Tuesday, 3/9 for Periods 1,2,3 and Wednesday, 3/10 for Periods 5, 6. Preview will go up Monday, 3/5.
PERIODS 5,6: Be sure to check the homework page on Monday morning
SGI Thursday: Interview Issues or Help, Zero Clearing!
Interview Reminders with Example Links.
Interview Notes Examples. If yours look like #1, you have more interviewing to do.
Here are some Interview Opener Examples.
Rough Drafts are due Friday, 3/5 for Periods 1,2,3 and Monday, 3/8 for Periods 5,6. Be sure to share the new doc (WITH A GOOD TITLE IN THE TITLE BOX!!!!!!) with me!
“Vocab, 3/3 (3/4).”
- They took up a collection to help _____ the cost of the party.
- When the Apollo 11 astronauts returned from the first moon walk, they were _____(ed) to make sure they didn’t bring back any “space germs.”
- Many of you have pretended to be sick to get out of stuff, but a _____(c) actually believes he is sick.
- Mala says that, even though Vladek is rich, he still lives like a _____.
- The emperor’s armies _____(ed) the surrounding kingdoms.
- The prefix of this word means between.
- Anja was ______ about not giving up Richieu until it was too late to save him.
Vladek Quiz. (Periods 5,6) PRIVATE in Chat. PRIVATE!
- A bunker is another name for a…
- If you were 25, healthy, and unmarried, which way would you most likely have been sent at the stadium?
- Who “volunteered” to go to the bad side at the stadium?
- Gemeinde. a) One of the Nazi death camps. b) A Jewish ghetto. c) A Jewish black market business. d) Wolfe’s family name. e) NOTA
- BONUS: Artie very often shows Vladek telling his story as he pedals his exercise bike. What is this a good metaphor for?
“Prisoner on the Hell Planet”