Slides link for Homies 10/26. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RDuwjoAeN-s4b21n2Qk1rTKOsm96QqkywDJxQj_Lb84/edit?usp=sharing
Check in in chat: Type your best SMYK sentence. Make this one PRIVATE.
Send a pic of last week’s KBAR chart (10/19-10/23) TODAY by LUNCH!
AFTERNOON SGI: It’s the last day to show up and clear zeros for the quarter!
Check the Homework for updated due date for SNT ESSAY.
“Sentence Combining, 10/23 (10/26).” Come up with the smoothest sounding sentence you can for each group and write it in your notebook. You may add, subtract, rearrange, and change words this time
1a. The table is littered with garbage. 1b. The garbage belongs to the “other guy.”
HINT: Use an apostrophe!
2a. Dishes are stacked in a clutter. 2b. Cups are stacked in a clutter. 2c. Yogurt cartons are stacked in a clutter. 2d. The clutter is disgusting.
HINT: Commas + and!
3a. Off to one side is a hamburger. 3b. The hamburger is half-eaten. 3c. Flies swarm about there. 3d. The swarming is hungry.
HINT: Hungrily. With.
“Vocabulary, 10/23 (10/26)” You will use words more than once.
1. ____ 2. ____ 3._____ 4.____
5. flashback : reveals :: ____ : foreshadows
6. He was a bit ____ after he got hit in the head during the rumble.
7. Two-Bit told Pony about one of his ____(s) while Pony did the dishes.
8. The company that made that toy is now ______, so you can’t buy it any more.
9. mature : juvenile :: clear-headed : _______
10. The thief ____(ed) the alarm system, and was able to steal the jewels.
11. It is sometimes fun to ___ a little brother or sister’s lack of savvy.
Answer in chat BUT DO NOT PRESS ENTER UNTIL TOLD TO DO SO!!!!
Which character from The Outsiders could be compared to Richard Cory?