Slides Link for Homies, Monday, 11/9: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1pfiVUHX7jWoWWxAng2puXHnda8vFtNzF8jjTiksk-zA/edit?usp=sharing
Check-in in Chat: Combine the following SIMPLE sentences into a 1) COMPLEX sentence and then a 2) COMPOUND sentence. Yes, you may add, subtract, or change words.
The llama usually got seasick. He lived on a houseboat.
- NO SGI TODAY (Monday, 11/9). I have a thing. I will take care of grade issues on Thursday afternoon.
- NO SCHOOL WEDNESDAY, 11/11!
- Test06-2020 Preview Link . The actual Test #6 is Tuesday (11/10) for Periods 1,2,3 and Thursday (11/12) for Periods 5,6. (Remember that we have Wednesday (11/11) off.
- If you haven’t already, send me a pic of your KBARR Chart for 11/2 – 11/6. Do it by lunch.
- KBARR Responding Returns Today, MONDAY, 11/9.
- In more llama news: https://www.post-journal.com/news/page-one/2020/11/llama-nanobodies-most-potent-weapon-to-fight-covid/
“S/CD/CX/FRAG, 11/6 (11/9)″ The test will look like this! * = the hard ones. boldfaced = hint.
- The llama thought he was OK until he wasn’t.
- The llama was being crabby, so his mom ignored him.
- Even though he knew it was a mistake, the llama ate the doughnut anyway.
- The crew checked the llama, and the captain prepared it for the sea.
- *The llama climbed slowly up the very steep hill.
- *When you use a dependent clause as a sentence.
- *His doctor recommended buying a llama and going water-skiing.
- BONUS FOR +1: When you combine two INDEPENDENT CLAUSES, but forget to use your COMMA AND YOUR FANBOY, that mistake is called a _____
“Vocabulary, 11/6 (11/9).” Each word used once. Tough one this time!
- One of the themes of The Outsiders is that what you _____ is not necessarily what the reality is.
- The amount of crime _____(ed) when police started patrolling the neighborhood more often.
- I would like to _____ these rumors by explaining what the facts are.
- The 5 hour Advanced Placement exam was very _______.
- She has a great _____ for companies that mistreat their workers and refuses to buy their products. (Bonus: What word do we use for that kind of protest?)
- The root origins of this word meant “curse and proclamation.” _____ (Hint: Who would make a proclamation?)
- The root origin of this word meant “cheerful.” _____
- The root origin of this word meant ” in large letters.” _____
- The root origin of this word meant “turned against.” _____
- The root origin of this word meant “digestion.” _____
- The root origin of this word meant ”balanced and straight and true.” ______
The Outsiders! Chapter 6!