Check in in Chat: PUBLIC.
Write a sentence about Ponyboy using the word nevertheless.
Happy Friday Video: Travel Goal. (Screen share.)
Periods 5,6: SGI TODAY (Monday,12/7):
- SHOW MW YOU KNOWS.
- Go to NewsELA.com and log in.
- Follow the instructions for the Reading Skillz Check 1. You may do this anytime today. CHOOSE ONLY 1 ARTICLE!
- If you don’t see the assignment, click the Assignments Tab.
- If you were not here when we NEWSELA’ed last time, send me an email.
Husker Du? 12/4 (12/7) (Do You Remember?) Write the ANSWER.
- We have three ______ in our class. (Morris)
- The upstairs library is a great place to quietly study. List the Adjectives.
- us: a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person
- That moment when you realize that your llama just wrote a run on sentence. Fragment, Run On, Correct Sentence
- Up, up, and away went my beautiful llama balloon. Fragment, Run On, Correct Sentence
- The llama thought he was ok until he wasn’t. simple, compound, complex
- (Lawyer’s Office) “This is the letter A. It’s the first letter of the alphabet. So much for the initial consultation. Further advice requires $1000.” ______
- (Giant wave and huge storm.)_____
- (Mickey being pulled along by the aroma of a cake.) _____
- (Pic of willow tree bark and bottle of aspirin.) _____
- responsible : disreputable :: calm : ____ (Bonus: Add -ing to another vocab word, and it becomes a 2nd correct answer!)
- I cannot ____ someone who cheats. He or she will face consequences.
- Winning the lottery is not always the _____ people think it will be.
- Some people think it’s a good idea to build a giant fence to try to _____ the flow of illegal drugs and immigrants.
- On the last day of school, the screams of joy will _____ in the hallways.
- He bought his computer from a(n) ____ dealer, and when it broke the next day, they told him he was out of luck. (Not sham.)
- We must all ____ by the same rules.
- The word midwife is a ______ of the Middle English words meaning “with woman.” (Bonus: What’s a midwife?)