Check in in Chat. Copy/Paste your interview questions PUBLICLY into the chat.
THERE IS NO MAKE UP FOR MISSING A WEEK OF 600 WORDS! TIME TRAVEL DOES NOT EXIST! AND MANY OF YOU ARE ALREADY FORETTING TO PUT DATES AND INDIVIDUAL WORD COUNTS!
SGI TODAY: Issues? Interview Problems? Zeros? Overall grade < 60%? I’ll see you there.
Interview next steps. Do the interview and Take Notes. Notes are due March 1 (Periods 1,2,3) and March 2 (Periods 5,6)!
- Start a new Google Doc for your interview notes. Title it appropriately and share it with me. All interview notes go here.
- Each question should be “followed up” with another question based on the previous answer.
- Write down answers to questions. (direct quotes, summaries, notes on attitude, etc.)
- Note the setting of the interview. (place, time, surroundings, what you’re doing, what they’re doing…)
- Describe the interviewee. (physical, voice, relationship to you, why you chose this person, attitude, background, hobbies…)
- Looks. (Details.)
- Voice and choice of words. Delivery.
- Personality. (Bitter? Enthusiastic? Happy? Lost in memories? Crabby? What?)
Be sure to write down everything about how the interview goes down! Notes are due March 1 (Periods 1,2,3) and March 2 (Periods 5,6)!
This is not the final product! You will bring your notes and then we will write the essay!
If you can, ask if you can record it, so you can review it for your notes.
Here are a couple of examples of finished products. Notice the details they include. You need good notes to do this!
Notes are due March 1 (Periods 1,2,3) and March 2 (Periods 5,6)!
Debrief Test #11. S/CD/CX!! Vocab! 4th person?! Really??!?!!
Simple: 1 subject and 1 verb
Compound: comma + FANBOY (1 subject and 1 verb connected to another subject and verb)
Complex: although, because, since, while… (1 subject and 1 verb connected to another subject and verb)
“Vocab, 2/17 (2/18).”
- It would be ___ of a dishwasher to tell the master chef how to do things.
- All her emotions were released in a ___ moment on the stage as 20,000 people cheered.
- During the TV marathon, we _____(ed) for two days on chips, pizza, and Dr. Pepper.
- MacGyver could ____ together almost anything from a bomb to a hang-glider from bits of trash he found lying around.
- After the long siege, the city knew it was ____ to resist any longer…
- …and they finally _____(ed) to the stronger army.
- She blamed him for the incident and always looked at him with _____ afterwards.
- Though he came from a very religious family, he was still _____ about organized religion; he wasn’t sure what to think.