Check in in Chat. Vladek Mini Quiz. PRIVATE! Name the character.
- p77, 1st panel, the one talking on the left.
- p77, 1st panel, the one getting his book taken away.
- p77, panel 3, the one talking.
- p77, last panel, the one holding the kid.
It’s Monday; you should have sent me your chart a couple of days ago.
Issues/Questions about interviews? Note are due in a week!
Don’t forget: Tomorrow, 2/23 you should have a new 600 words since 2/16.
SGI: Everyone for SMYK’s. Tip: Start typing your SMYK’s into your 600 doc for double credit. . And really expaaaaand those sentences for max 600 credit!
“Simple, Compound, Complex Sentences.”
I = Independent Clause D = Dependent Clause.
(S) Simple Sentence (S) = One I.
(CD) Compound Sentence (CD) = I + I, joined by a comma and one of the FANBOYS
(CX) Complex Sentence (CX) = I + D or D + I, joined by although, since, because, while, when, if… etc.)
“S/CD/CX/Frag, 2/19 (2/22).”
- I like turtles because they are cute.
- The llama is a quadruped with fins for swimming.
- I sent the llama to the store before the party started.
- Katy tried to call me , but my phone was dead.
- You would like it if you were a llama.
- Herbie the llama ate some pizza , so he didn’t want dinner.
- He failed the test after he ignored the warning.
- He forgot to practice , yet he still did well.
- Jenni ate the hot dog , and she got sick.
- Because Jenni ate the hot dog.
“Vocab, 2/19 (2/22).”
- There used to be a TV show called The ____ Gourmet which showed you how to eat well without spending a lot of money.
- Art Spiegelman once published magazines of ____ comics like “The Prisoner on the Hell Planet.”
- We rushed to ______ together a project before the upcoming deadline.
- Horror movies are sort of _______ for many people.
- “I never knew a person more _____ than myself. The fact that I say that shows what I say is true.”
- The athlete was ___ about the use of steroids. He knew they were harmful, but they helped his performance.
- (2) She tried to stay awake during math, but it was ______, and she finally ______(ed) to the sleepiness and nodded off.