Homework. No KBAR Responding this week! 600 Words due TUESDAY for ALL.
Checking last week’s KBARR Charts for LIVE. If you Zoom, you should have already sent it to me!
Periods 5,6: ZOOMER in Chat: Word Count since Tuesday, 3/16.
“Warm Up – Commas and Clauses, 3/22 (3/23).” (ALL: In Notebook.)
a) Correct or Not? If not, where do they go? Three sentences are correct.
b) S, CD, CX? 1 sentence is CD, 2 are Simple, 3 are CX.
- I played video games for hours and hours with my friend.
- Sid waited for the llama to arrive so he could get a ride in his hot Camaro.
- I didn’t want to wake you up until I had to.
- Since we have two hours to kill someone come by and see us.
- The wild llama is in fact a vicious predator.
- Llamas that don’t wear hats are illegal in some cities.
Debrief Test 14A. Retakes (<11) after 3:00.
- “You’re _____(ing) I ate your goldfish?
- Jean is very _____ about her silverware; she won’t eat at that restaurant because she thinks the forks aren’t clean enough.
- He was a ______ opponent and very tough to outwit.
- The Nuremberg Laws ____(ed) Jews to second-rate status.
- The annoying kids taunted the dog over the fence until he was _____(ed) enough to jump it.
- Mr. Coward does not ____ the use of phones in class.
- The roots of this word mean “to set free from.”
- The root of this word is “to make preparation for.”
- The root of this word meant “evil person or thing.”
- Which one is the allegory? Write it out! a) Mickey Mouse acting like a human. b) “Motto” c) You can’t teach an old dog new tricks. d) Mind your own business. e) C and D. f) “The Three Little Pigs” g) NOTA