ZOOMERS IN CHAT: Word count for 3/23-3/30
“Warm Up, 3/29 (3/30) – Noun, Verb, Adjective (NVA).” (In notebook)
List the Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives in the following sentence. (9 Total to find.)
For a brief moment, Jimmy stupidly thought pigs flew like graceful birds across the sky.
I save grades TODAY for the 3rd quarter!
Debrief Test #14B – Retakes (<11) will be available after 3pm.
Reading Beyond the Classroom – Medicine Label. Click for Full Size. Live Action People can go grab a physical copy (p374). DO NOT WRITE IN THE BOOK!
- Title in Notebook: “RBC – Medicine, 3/29 (3/30)”
- Read the directions and the bottle label.
- Where it says to circle, you write the letter (A-D) of the section of the label that gives that info.
- Do 1-6 in your notebook.
Here’s a PDF Version. rbc-medicine
“RBC 1 Quiz. 3/29 (3/30).” IN NOTEBOOK. Write the answer not the letter!
- The medicine is labeled for use in all these cases, except… a) flu. b) common cold c) aches and pains d) headache e) It is labeled for all these.
- For up to how many days can this medicine be taken for a headache? a) 1 b) 3 c) 10 d) 14 e) It doesn’t say.
- This is an OTC drug, as opposed to a prescription one. What does OTC mean?
- This drug can be used to reduce swelling. a) True b) False
- Who should not take the tablets at all?
- Since this is an OTC drug, it can be considered completely safe. a) True b) False
- As it is used on the label, what does the word Indications [A] mean?