Remember: 120 Seconds Presentations will begin Wednesday, 4/14 – Thursday, 4/15. Two days later than before!
EVERYONE send your KBARR charts tonight!!!!
“Warm Up, 3/31 (4/1) – NVA.” In Notebook. 9 to find!
The purple llama roared loudly in our scared faces as the crowd screamed like little babies.
Let’s see those 120 Intros.
120 Intro Samples. Volunteers? Or do I pick? Read it out loud!
Timer? Does it get a six?
“Vocab 3/31 (4/1).”
- The man finally ______(ed) his intense thirst with a drink from the fountain.
- The smell of brownies _____ the house and made me very hungry.
- The goal of immigrants used to be _____(ion), but these days people are proud of their differences.
- With more than 42,000 locations worldwide, Subway Sandwich places are _____.
- Mr. Coward is not happy about Zoltan’s less than _____ papers. They are very difficult to decipher, and scores might get entered incorrectly.
- (2) Whenever she was _____, she always seemed to find _____ in her music.
(Morning – In Notebook) – “Vladek Check 4/1”
(Afternoon) Vladek Check in Chat (PRIVATE):
- An example from Book II of Vladek’s ridiculous skinflint behavior is complaining about Mala opening another container of salt. (BE CAREFUL!) True / False
- Why does Artie say it’s so hard to tell Vladek’s story in comic form? a) “Somehow I wish I had been in Auschwitz with my parents…” b) “…so much has to be left out or distorted…” c) “Maybe everyone has to feel guilty.” d) “If it wasn’t so pathetic, it’s be kinda funny…” e) “It’s so presumptuous of me…”
- What does Artie mean when he says he had a “sibling rivalry with a snapshot”? a) “If it wasn’t so pathetic, it’s be kinda funny…” b) “It’s so presumptuous of me…” c) “…so much has to be left out or distorted…” d) “Maybe everyone has to feel guilty.” e) “…he was the perfect child. I couldn’t compete…”
- What gave Vladek hope when he first got to Auschwitz? a) Talking to Mandelbaum’s nephew. b) Seeing Mandelbaum. c) Knowing the Poles who sold him out got sent there too. d) The priest’s explanation of his number. e) NOTA
- What’s a kapo? a) a German guard b) a member of the Nazi party c) a prisoner in charge of other prisoners d) the stick the guards carry e) NOTA
- What got Vladek special treatment from the kapo? a) Bringing the Kapo food. b) Teaching the kapo English. c) Vladek gave him a bribe. d) Vladek turned in someone who was hiding. e) Because he was such a hard worker.