Late Start Schedule.
Copy homework into assignment book (AKA planner).
“SAWs, 1/30.” (10p)
convince, enormous, integrity, persistent, reluctant
- (2) While not antonyms (they’re not even the same part of speech), ____ and ____ are often found together when two people have different opinions about doing something.
- In the fable of the tortoise and the hare, the tortoise wins because he is _____.
- “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” ______.
- (3) Being _____, and having _____ can pay _____ benefits.
- She was _____ to turn her friend in for cheating on the big test, but her ____ wouldn’t let her not report it.
- His excuse was not ____(ing) so his mother didn’t believe him.
“S/CD/CX (again), 1/30.” Write out the whole sentence for each one following the directions.
- His dog is named Snakefinder. — Add a dependent clause to make a COMPLEX (CX) sentence.
- The UFO landed. — Add an independent clause to make a COMPOUND (CD) sentence.
- Suddenly a llama appeared. — Add a phrase that describes how the llama appeared or what kind of llama it was or both, BUT keep the sentence SIMPLE (S).
Debrief Test #20. ???!! Gonna be a lot for Husker Du this week.