Tomorrow: Please meet in the G2 Computer lab next door to the library. Be sure to know (or have with you) your school username and password.
“Warm Up, 9/9/15.” Copy 1-6! The answers will be spelling words. Write the answers for 7 and 8. For 9 and 10, list the adjectives you find in each sentence (if any).
- refusal : cooperation :: childishness : _____
- painful : pleasurable :: together : _____
- rewrite : revision :: story : ______
- locker : storage :: _____ : security
- house : stationary :: trailer : _____
- soldier : obedient :: artist : _____
- The reason we drop the last e from a word like narrate before we add an ending like ive, is that… a) Narrate ends with a consonant sound. b) The ending ive also ends with an e. c) The ending ive begins with a consonant d) The ending ive makes it an adjective. e) The ending ive begins with a vowel.
- The reason we don’t drop the last e from a word like separate before we add an ending like -ly, is that… a) Separate ends with a consonant sound. b) The ending -ly ends with an y. c) The ending -ly begins with a consonant d) The ending -ly makes it an adjective. e) NOTA
- My pink llama swam smoothly across the calm seas to his hidden lair.
- I climbed Mt. Cheese only to find that the view was disappointing.
Use a separate sheet. Do not put your name on it.
You have 5 minutes to write 3+ sentences that SHOW what Joey LOOKS/SOUNDS like. You can’t state any opinions. Just show what he’s doing and what he looks/sounds like as clearly as you can. You are trying to SHOW how Joey is feeling, not tell us.
Then I mix them up and we read them and the rest of us try to decide which Joey you had. REMEMBER: NO TELLING.
Example: You can’t say, “He was starting to get sleepy…” It has to be something like, “His eyelids drooped for a second and then snapped open again. His head sagged to the side…”