Tomorrow’s Test: Vocabulary and Outsiders.
Narrative Assessment Prompt. Do your best!
You have the whole period, but save about three minutes to print if you’re using a Chromebook. Use the link below.
Prep sheet for Test #6:
FROs Homework: ___/15 (5 + 10)
KBARR:___/40 (Write B if you blogged.)
Warm Ups: 9/27: ___/15 9/28: ___/14 9/29:___/14
Other Extra Credit may include: FROs practice (up to +3 each), +3 for VRelay for Period 1 (+1 for Per 3), bonus plot questions for +1 each.
Note I: #29 has no correct answer. Please choose E if you want to get it correct.
Note II: If you earned 10/10 on the FROs Pretest, skip 15-24. Use your forward button to skip to #25. When we look at scores, mentally add 10 to get your actual score.
NOTE III: The back of the test is OPEN BOOK AND OPEN MOUTH. You may share answers as you see fit. Once collaboration begins, you MAY NOT turn back to the first part of the test.
DOODLE THEME: FUN!
Tomorrow’s Test: Vocabulary (including SAWs), FROs, Outsiders/Plot, Husker Du.
Blog of the Day: Rozy Can Read!
1.”Don’t blame me! I don’t make the laws, I just _____them!”
2. “What’s a _____, Joey?” “I knew you were going to say that!”
3. It was Ug’s discovery, but it would be____(ed) by others.
4. “Finding work may not make you happy, but it would make me _____(ly) happy.”
6. The adventurer’s ______(s) made for a great novel.
7. The school newspaper has been __ for a long while, but they hope to revive it next year.
8. Grandpa Simpson likes to ____ about his days as a young man.
9. The greasers and the Socs have agreed to a sort of _____-fire before the rumble. They have agreed not to fight until the big one.
10. The large farm owners are often accused of ____(ing) the workers who pick the crops.
11. I was _____ and bored when Mom made me go to my sister’s ballet recital.
12. The villain’s evil plot was ______(ishly) clever.
13. *** (2) He made a ______ and generous ______(ion) to the Save the Whales campaign. (There is only one answer for the first blank, not two.)
EXAMPLE 1: The dry desert soil and hardly any water. CS, RO, F? WHY?
EXAMPLE 2: Not much rain falls in the desert, some animals still live there. CS, RO, F? WHY?
“FROs Pretest, 9/29.” CS, RO, F? 10/10 = EXEMPT!
Outsiders and Plot. Bonus Lightning Round.
After we are introduced to the characters and their situations in the 1)______, we get to the 2)______, which sets our story in motion. The 3)______ is usually the longest part of the story and full of ups and downs. This is where we build up the anticipation for the 4)_____ of the story, which is the highest point of the action in the story and steers us toward our 5)_______.
Homies: Schoolwide Academic Words. (9p)
Copy homework into planner.
Debrief Test #5. Ouch!
Finished? Start your definitions or your FROs sheet.
Prep sheet for Test #5:
Spelling Homework: ___/10 Vocabulary Homework: ___/20
Warm Ups: 9/19: ___/6 9/20: ___/15 9/21: ___/14 9/22: ___/15
Other Extra Credit: May include +3 for Period 1 for Vocab Relay (+1 for Period 3), FRO Pretest, VVV, NVAA, Etc.
Doodle Theme: MUSIC.