Checking RBC 368-369.
meanwhile, furthermore, first, third, in fact, until then, consequently, in contrast, nevertheless, however, for example, as a result
- He stayed up too late last night; ______, he slept until noon.
- I would like to read many books; _____, I don’t seem to have enough time to read.
- John ate and ate; _____, he never gained weight.
- I want you to buy milk, eggs, and fruit juice; ____, I want you to be sure to get cereal and ice cream.
- I was concentrating on my homework. ____, the soup boiled over.
- Write a sentence about Alyce using the transition word therefore.
- What a(n) ______(ing) smile!
- “I’m not paranoid! I’m _____ about being apprehended!”
- (2) “When applying for a job, always remember that the most ____ person is the person who can hide his ____(ce) best.”
- Give an example of a derivative of the root ject.
- (2) In the fable “The Tortoise and the Hare,” the tortoise is ______ and the hare is ______.
- The clown _____(tion) filled the parking lot with tiny cars.
- I really like mystery novels because of all the adventure and _____.
- In his classroom, the least ___ is met with serious consequences.
- The Socs’ attitude toward the greasers is one of _____.
- The three hour Advanced Placement test was very _____. She took a long nap afterward.
- He was ___(ed) to his room until his homework was finished.
- *** (3) As we talked about yesterday, _______ usually _______(s) ________.
“RBC Public Notice, 11/8.” Write the answer NOT the letter. (10p)
- There are classes for kids of all ages under 18. a) True b) False c) You can’t tell.
- You have to be able to swim to sign up for the swim classes. a) True b) False c) You can’t tell.
- Which class would it probably be smart to sign up early for?
- You have to have your own cleats and shin guards to sign up for soccer. a) True b) False c) You can’t tell.
- You have to have your own musical instrument to be in the jazz band. a) True b) False c) You can’t tell.
- You have to be able to speak English to participate in the activities. a) True b) False c) You can’t tell.
- Which of the activities do(es) not say it requires parental permission? a) soccer b) swimming c) band d) band and soccer e) They all require parental permission.
- (2) What are two things you could do to find more info about the classes?
The Midwife’s Apprentice