Tomorrow’s Test: Husker Du from your class’s test, Vocab, Giver.
“Husker Du, 3/1.” WRITE THE ANSWER!
Period One: Test #16. Do Second Period’s warm up. You’re out of questions.
Period Two: Test #19.
- A clause is a group of words that contains a _____ and a _____. a) noun/conjunction b) subject/noun c) predicate/verb d) subject/verb e) NOTA
- He failed the test after he ignored the warning. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- What idea of Ilzecki’s does Vladek want to try that Anja refuses? a) To help him with his work. b) To hide. c) To move to America. d) To hide their son somewhere. e) To try to sneak across the border. f) NOTA
- What does it mean when Vladek wears a pig mask? a) He’s in disguise. b) He’s pretending that he’s Polish. c) He’s pretending he’s German. d) He’s pretending he’s not Jewish. e) He’s pretending to be a policeman. f) NOTA
- True/False? Dependent clauses usually begin with words such as although, since, and because.
Period Three: Test #7.
a) duration b) adopt c) ensure d) tension e) consent
- In the old days, a woman’s father would have to give his ____ before she could get married.
- During the rising action, the ____ builds until it breaks at the climax of the story.
- Please be quiet for the _____ of the film. You may talk at the end.
- It would be wise to ______ the same good habits your scholarly friend has.
- Laughing at the comedian’s act. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
Period Five: Test #15.
- The medication seems effective. Nevertheless, more research must be done to see if it’s safe. _____, it’s best to avoid it. a) Although b) However c) Unless d) Until then e) Whereas f) NOTA
- In the word metamorphosis, the root morph means change. a) True b) False
- You would talk colloquially to a judge in a courtroom. a) True b) False
- The attack on Pearl Harbor occurred on what date? a) December 7, 1979 b) December 8, 1941 c) December 7, 1949 d) December 7, 1941 e) December 6, 1949 f) NOTA
- The teacher’s crabby ____ sort of brought the whole class down. a) aptitude b) chastise c) nurture d) distinguish e) disquieting f) disposition
- _____ (NOT: benign, scrupulous, haphazard, or indolent, or any other “it could be’s.” Sigh.)
- Much to her relief, the doctor said the tumor was ________.
- He prepared so ______(ly) that his presentation was painful to watch. (Not: tentative.)
- After asking for (previous vocab word), the student received a _____ and was released from detention.
- In exchange for safety and peace, the members of the Community seemed to have _____(ed) a lot of freedom.
- The neighbor’s fence _____(ed) on our property, so they had to move it.
- Sometimes sixth period can be ______(ing), but when certain people are absent, it can be a nice class.
- The word ______ comes from a word that means ethics or morals.
- *The committee couldn’t reach _____, so the plan failed.
“Giver 5-6.” Write the answer not the letter. (12)
- (quote) Why was Jonas angry at Fiona in his dream?
- How does Jonas describe his dream? a) Pleasurable and confusing. b) Frightening and confusing. c) Confusing and funny. d) Sad and depressing. e) Worrying and exciting.
- (quote) What did Jonas say was the strongest feeling in his dream?
- Only males take the pills. a) True b) False
- Jonas actually enjoyed the feeling of the Stirrings. a) True b) False
- (4) Name two “firsts” that distinguish the Eights from the younger kids and explain the reasoning behind their new responsibilities/fashions.
- When the elders match spouses, which of these factors is not taken into account? a) intelligence b) disposition c) aptitude d) physical characteristics e) energy level f) interests g) All are taken into account.
- What is our main conflict so far? (Hint: Trick question!)
- The Giver is written in ____ person. a) first b) second c) third