Tomorrow’s Test: S/CD/CX, RCA Math, Vladek.
“Warm Up, 1/21.” I? D? S/CD/CX? For 1-5, COPY THE BOLDFACED PART.
- After I ate a doughnut, I felt blissful. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- We climbed slowly up the very steep hill. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- Jimmy ate a doughnut; he got sick. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- There are some things in life that we’ll never know. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- You must say, “Sir,” when you say, “Mr. Coward.” a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- Joe and the llama rode a tandem bike to the pizza place. a) S b) CD c) CX
- While Joe likes pizza, the llama prefers sushi. a) S b) CD c) CX
- They agreed to compromise, and they ate sushi pizza. a) S b) CD c) CX
- Neither Joe nor the llama enjoyed it very much. a) S b) CD c) CX
- If I had a hammer, I’d hammer in the morning. a) S b) CD c) CX
Go over RCA Science. Correct h/w.
“RCA Science, 1/21.” Write the answer not the letter.
- Taste buds are examples of receptors. a) True b) False
- A neuron is a type of… a) cell b) organ c) receptor d) cytoplasm e)NOTA
- The nerves that connect the arms and legs with the spinal cord are part of the _______ nervous system. a) peripheral b) branch c) lower d) central e) NOTA
- The science article on p363 compares the nervous system to a ______. a) car b) brain c) television d) computer e) NOTA
- Which of these is NOT something this lesson will teach? a) What an impulse is. b) The difference between the central and peripheral nervous systems. c) How the brain works. d) How neurons do their job. e) All of these will be taught.
- This is a diagram of a neuron. Identify #1. a) cytoplasm b) dendrites c) peripheral cells d) receptors e) NOTA
- When you remember what a verb is, you are using your peripheral nervous system. a) True. b) False.
- At the end of this lesson, there will be a lab. a) True. b) False.
- The “signal words” in an article like this will probably show parts or categories. a) True b) False
Dun Dun Duuuuuuh!
120 Seconds. Are you ready to be chosen?