“Warm Up, 10/27. Apostrophes.” (7p)
- (2) Do you know _____ _____? (you, ABC)
- We are going to the ______ for dinner. (Lopez – all of them.)
- Please make sure you cross all the ____ in your essay. (T)
- The sign said “_____ Greetings.” (Season)
- (2) ____ very important to give the llama _____ favorite teddy bear before bed. (It, it)
“Sentence Combining II, 10/27.” Combine each group of short, choppy sentences into one smooth-sounding sentence. You may add, subtract, or change words, but make sure to keep the meaning of all the parts. You will have to punctuate as appropriate.
3a) Then a voice freezes his behavior.
3b) The voice is stern.
3c) The behavior is disturbing.
4a) His teacher appears unamused.
4b) His teacher is a woman.
4c) She is very quiet.
4d) She has karate experience.
5a) She advances down the aisle.
5b) Her advance is slow.
5c) Her advance is quiet.
5d) Her advance is scary.
“Vocabulary, 10/27.” (13p)
- _____ (not sham)
- (Job Applicants’ Coaching) (2) “Always remember that the most ____ person is the person who can hide his ____(ce) best.”
- Everyone promised to ____ by Judge Judy’s decision.
- The large donation was quite a(n) _____ for the poor little non-profit organization.
- Investors lost millions on the ______ investment scheme.
- On the last day of school, the screams of joy will _____ in the hallways.
- Aspirin is a ____ of the bark of the willow tree.
- (2) Is high-technology a _____ for mankind, or is it a _____ and just another way for companies to sell more stuff?
- *** (2) Please make a(n) _____ in your behavior before I ______ it myself.
Vocabulary Relay! NEW THIS WEEK: One current SAW is included!
The Midwife’s Apprentice