Checking: Show-Me-You-Know Sentences
“Warm Up, 9/30/15.” All vocabulary. You will use words more than once.
1. ____ 2. ____ 3._____ 4.____
5. flashback : reveals :: ____ : foreshadows
6. He was a bit ____ after he got hit in the head during the rumble.
7. Two-Bit told Pony about one of his ____(s) while Pony did the dishes.
8. The company that made that toy is now ______, so you can’t buy it any more.
9. mature : juvenile :: clear-headed : _______
10. The thief ____(ed) the alarm system, and was able to steal the jewels.
11. It is sometimes fun to ___ a little brother or sister’s lack of savvy.
“FROs Practice II, 9/30/15.” Write F, RO, or CS as needed. (10p)
- I love that story, so I have read it three times.
- The word chuck means “food” or “grub” that is what they served.
- The chuckwagon, a rolling kitchen on wheels.
- The chuckwagon was loaded with food; it was pulled by two teams of horses.
- Into the hole fell he.
- Chief Wiggum, chief cop of Springfield, ate a doughnut.
- Shells all over the beach!
- (3p) What are the three ways to fix a run-on?
Return Messy Rooms. WDILL???!!?!!