Test #4 - 2020 Preview Copy.
Vocabulary. a) discreet b)
discrete c) vain d) elicit e) illicit f)
hysterical g) dumbfounded h) patronize i)
stamina j) reluctant
- Every time Dr. Pavlov rang a bell, he _______(ed) a response
from the dog, who thought he was going to be fed.
- S.E. Hinton has said that she didn’t have the ____ to be a
teacher. Worrying about the kids’ problems wore her out.
- I was _____ to tell the teacher about the cheating I saw,
because the person was my friend.
- A spy must be ____ and not go blabbing secrets
- You are all one class, but you are _____ individuals.
- nonchalant : hysterical :: eager : _____
- "You're so ___. You probably think this song is about you."
- The teacher tried to ___ the correct response from the
students by giving hints.
- I did not want to be ___(ed); I felt I was savvy enough to
make my own decisions.
- If you ____ (ed) CPK last night, it benefited the band
- This word literally means
“discovered speechless.” ______
- _____ llama was selected for
the fair. a) Charles' b) Charles's c)
Charle's d) NOTA
- I got all ____ on my report
card. a) A's b) As c) 'A's d)
'As e) NOTA
- The _____ lounge is usually
off-limits to students. (More than one.) a)
teacher's b) teachers c) teachers's d)
teachers' e) NOTA
- _____ llama is that? a)
whose b) who'se c) who's d) NOTA
- The _____ was the best decade
for music. a) 70's b) '70's c)
70s d) '70s e) NOTA
FROs. a) Fragment b) Run-On c)
- Is this a fragment?
- Although the llama wandered
too close to the fire.
- I love that story I have read
it three times.
- The llama went over the hills
and through the wood to get to Grandmother's house, but she
- Hide in burrows and beneath
- Cherry's explanation for how Socs are different from greasers
is that... a) Socs have more money. b) they like different
things. c) Socs are more emotional. d) Socs are too aloof to
feel. e) NOTA
- Cherry finds herself able to talk to Pony better than her
"friends" because...a) he's a good listener. b) she doesn't have
to keep up her image with him. c) she knows he cares. d) he's
smart. e) NOTA
- Why do we not see Johnny stab Bob the Soc? a) Pony is a
3rd person narrator and didn't see it. b) S.E. Hinton
wanted to make it more dramatic. c) It's sadder that
way. d) Pony is a 1st person narrator and didn't see
it. e) The book company wouldn't let them show that in
1967. f) NOTA
- The Socs' reaction when Johnny stabbed Bob illustrates Pony's
distinction between ___ and ___. a) packs and social
clubs b) a social club and the greasers c) a
pack and a gang d) brothers and gangs e) NOTA
- This reaction shows that the Socs are
really a... a)
family b) social club c) gang d) team e)
- Which one is correct? a) On the album Megatron, my favorite
song is "Do You Love Me?" b) On the album Megatron,
my favorite song is Do You Love Me? c) On the album
"Megatron," my favorite song is Do You Love Me? d)
On the album Megatron, my favorite song is "Do You Love
Me?". e) All have something wrong with them.