a) diligent b) compelling c)
convene d) turmoil e) heedless f) cordial
diffident h) abundant i) dire j) grovel
- According to Darry, Pony is _____.
- The lawyer's argument was so _____ the jury acquitted
- He practiced
the skate trick __(ly) until he got it right.
- compelling : boring :: scarce : _____
he forgot his wife's birthday, he had to _____ for several days
she forgave him.
- In the fable
“The Tortoise and the Hare,” the tortoise is ______ ...
- In the fable
“The Tortoise and the Hare,” the hare is _____.
clown _____(tion) filled the parking lot with tiny cars.
- gossipy : discreet :: safe : ______
- His brother's sudden disappearance caused great ____ in the
S/CD/CX/ETC. a) Simple b) Compound c)
Complex d) Fragment e) Run-on
- The llama was being petulant, so his mom ate the cheeselog.
- His doctor recommended buying a llama and going water-skiing.
- The llama thought he was OK until he wasn’t.
- When you use a dependent clause as a sentence.
- Even though he knew it was a mistake, the llama ate the
- The crew checked the llama, and the captain prepared her for
- The llama climbed languidly up the very steep hill balancing a
duck on his head.
- You join
two Independent Clauses they are joined improperly
- What is Pony's observation about people when they're asleep?
a) People are more relaxed. b) People forget their
troubles. c) People relive the events of the day. d)
People look younger. e) People look tense.
- Which is one of the reasons Dally gave Johnny for not turning
himself in? ADally would get in trouble BJohnny would get
the electric chair. CHe didn't want Johnny to end up like
him. DThe boys are worried about him EHis parents
- It was ironic that Pony mentioned that he wanted to take off
Dally's jacket in the church
because it was too hot. a) True b) False
- What is the CLIMAX of the Pony v Darry conflict? a)
When Darry says, "Oh Ponyboy, your hair..." a) When he reads the
letter from Soda. c) When Darry offers him a cigarette. d) When
Darry starts crying. e) NOTA
- Why do Darry and the boys leave their front door unlocked all
the time? a)
In case Pony forgets his key. b) Because it's a safe
neighborhood. c) In case one of the boys needs a place to
down. d) Because Darry's so big. e) Because nobody messes
the greasers in their own neighborhood. f) NOTA
- What sort of "legal trouble" does Pony face for the "Bob
They're charging him with manslaughter. b) He has to
court for running away from home. c) They're charging him
reporting the crime. d) b and c. e) They're letting
for being a hero. f) NOTA
- The Outsiders is written in ____ point of view.
a) 1st person b) 2nd person c) 3rd person d)