Vocabulary: (definitions and
sentences due Tuesday)
1. My brother was very ___________; he kept bugging my
mom until she said yes.
2. I stood watching, _________ by the beauty of
3. My brother used me as a _________ so he wouldn't get
in trouble for the broken lamp.
4. Franz Kafka's short story, "The ____________" is about
a man who is turned into a giant cockroach.
5. I got very _________ before my big performance and
made some silly mistakes.
6. "Two roads __________ in a yellow wood," and I took
the one on the left.
7. I came to an intersection where four streets ___________.
8. Joe has an ___________ where he make his bed just
before he gets into it.
9. I was amazed by the _______ that he was really an
10. The camera _______(ed) down the street to show what
everyone was doing.
11. Joe suffered from _________, and usually was awake
almost all night long.
12. Everyone __________(ed) to the plan; no one disagreed.
13. He was the only one who ___________(ed). He didnít
agree with the plan at all.
idiosyncrasy, diverged, converged, assent, dissent,
metamorphosis, insomnia, scapegoat, revelation, pan, flustered, transfixed,
"The Monsters are Due on Maple Street"
Back to English Seven
| Back to Latest Work Page | Back
to Homework Page