Spellling Pretest #1
1. Exercise improves your physicle fittness.
2. The Olimpics happen every four years.
3. The obstacle course will improve your agilaty.
4. Running improves your indurence so you
donít get as tired as quickly.
5. He has the strenth of ten men.
6. Drummers are supposed to have some rythm.
7. We have band rehersal tonite.
8. Turn the valve and release the water.
9. The choras of the song goes, "La, La,
10. She plays the violin in the orchestera.
11. The table was made of mahoganie wood.
12. Use a wrenche to losen the bolt.
13. A triangel has three sides.
14. That was a very humerous joke, it made
15. I was very suspisious of the man in
the black coat.
16. I caught a enormouse catfish!
17. Your room is discusting; please clean
18. Puncuation is very important to the
meaning of the sentence.
19. I was jealouse of my friendís bike.
20. You will preform many experaments in
a) Find and fix any other spelling or mechanical errors
you see above! There are at least five. b) Which word doesn't belong,
and why? gross, fun, green, scary, ugly
a) Copy the sentences.
b) Try to fill in each blank with the correct word
from the list below.
c) Due Wednesday: Definition, POS, and a new sentence
for each word.
bleak, nonchalant, gingerly, rueful, savvy, conform,
Even though I was nervous, I tried to act cool and _____________.
I handled the delicate vase very ____________.
Even though he may not be "book-smart" he has a lot of __________
about the world.
Not every member of a group ___________(s) exactly to our
image of that group.
The landscape of the moon is lifeless and very _____________.
My grandfather gave me some very _______ advice
"I shouldnít have done that," he said with a ___________