1. Charlotte thinks Zachariah's plan to go
ashore in RI and report Jaggery won't work, because Jaggery would never
let him go ashore. a) True b) False
2. What does Zachariah do to show Charlotte that any one of the crew was capable of killing Hollybrass? a) He explains how they're all experts with a knife. b) He tells her about the plan they had. c) He tells her how the whole crew is made up of former criminals. d) He tells her how gossip travels in a ship. e) None of the above.
3. When Jaggery comes to get Charlotte for her trial, she says he looks at her... a) with hatred. b) with disgust. c) with sick pleasure. d) like she's not there. e) all of the above.
4. Charlotte is only getting a trial because she's the daughter of one of the owners of the company. a) True b) False
5. At this point, who does Charlotte think killed Hollybrass? a) Dillingham b) Keetch c) Jaggery d) the whole crew e) none of the above
6. What is Jaggery's main argument against Charlotte? a) That she hated Hollybrass. b) The she is unnatural. c) That Hollybrass had her handkerchief in his hand. d) That she was trying to get back at Jaggery. e) None of the above.
7. Jaggery uses all of these as evidence against Charlotte, except... a) it was her knife. b) that she cut off her hair. c) that she worked with the crew d) that Hollybrass was holding her handerchief e) He used all of these.
8. At the end of chapter 18, how long does Charlotte have to live? a) 12 hours b) 2 hours c) 24 hours d) Until the end of this watch. e) The captain hasn't said yet.
back to The True Adventures of Charlotte Doyle