1. Draw a sketch of a stereopticon. What modern-day toy
is it similar to?
2. Find 4 examples of similes or metaphors in Chapter 6.
3. What is MS’s expectation of what the "demoness" will look like? What is the reality?
4. Explain the gift that MS and Father give Mrs. Whitlaw.
5. Why does MS think that Mrs. Whitlaw must have been a member of royalty in a previous life?
1. "No dragon pleasant. A dragon dragonee." (p117) What
does MS mean?
2. What does MS teach the Whitlaws? What do they teach him?
3. Why doesn’t MS tell his Father about the demon boys who are harassing him? What is ironic about this?
4. "Are all Chinamen crazy like you?" (p121) Who’s talking? What is going on? What is the real truth, and why doesn’t he just say so?
Click HERE for the Vocabulary List.
Click HERE for the Vocabulary Pretest.