Test tomorrow: vocabulary, types of sentences (SCC), Giver, Husker Du
Quick Quiz. (12p) Prep for tomorrow's test.
- After a long, busy day at work, Mr. McWhiner often comes home ______(ed).
- The Elders were very ________ about choosing the new receiver, but they made an error last time.
- Except for Jonas, people in the Community who can't or won't _______ are released.
- When Mr. Ingrate opened his last gift and saw that it was not the skateboard he’d asked for, he became very _____.
(Simple, Compound, Complex)
- What type of sentence is #1?
- What type of sentence is #2?
- What type of sentence is #3?
- What type of sentence is #4?
- Now that Jonas is experiencing deep feelings like anger and sadness, what does he realize about his family?
- (3) List three adjectives the Giver uses to describe the previously selected receiver who failed.
You have the rest of the period to complete your color essay. Use a pen. No notes.
When you get your rough draft back, you have three school days to post the final draft to your blog for grading.
Finish early? Read Giver, nap, do other homework.