Use a separate sheet. Write out words like dependent and independent.
If you earned extra Giver credit yesterday, be sure to record it also. (22pp)
Pink Sheet Part A: _____/10. Warm Up 2/18: ___/20
- When you use a dependent clause as a "sentence," that mistake is called a ________ .
- When you improperly combine two independent clauses into one sentence, it is a mistake called a _______.
- (3) What are the two ways you can properly join two independent clauses into a ________ sentence? ______ or _______
- The FANBOYS are all a type of connecting word called coordinating _________(s).
- (4) Words like ______, ______, and ______ are a different type of connecting word called subordinating. They make the clause ________.
- The teacher walked into the classroom, greeted the students, and picked up the stick. S, CD, CX
- Juan played football while Alexia played hockey. S, CD, CX
- Your mom wanted to play basketball, but you were too tired. S, CD, CX
- Although she ate cheesecake, she still had dessert. S, CD, CX
- Slim passed the test since he studied hard. S, CD, CX
- Some banks encourage savings accounts for young people. S, CD, CX
- Across the street from his house was a tepee. S, CD, CX
- The llama is a quadruped with a beak for eating and fins for swimming. S, CD, CX
- If you were a bird, would you like it? S, CD, CX
- Rudolpho was upset because his mom ate the last of the cheese log. S, CD, CX
- Create one complex sentence out of the following sentences:
a) His fingers make sounds. b) The sounds are scratching. c) They claw the battered desktop.
- Create one compound sentence out of the following sentences:
a) Ulysses has a great jump shot. b) Ulysses isn't quick on his feet.
Finish Giver movie.
Movie v Book?