Wednesday, 2/25/15 - Welcome Guest Teacher!
Warm Up. Use your vocabulary list. Write the word. You may collaborate. Yes, you might use words more than once.
- You may _________ to someday be as cool as Mr. Coward.
- Doing your homework every day, before playing video games, is a _______ strategy for success.
- Mr. Scrooge ("Bah, humbug!") is an example of a(n) __________.
- It was hard to believe that such a huge voice emanated from such a _______ girl.
- The swastika is a(n) ________symbol of evil.
- The students weren't shocked by the kid's outburst. They always thought he was touchy and _______.
- An ambitious politician might ________ to one day become president.
- forgettable : iconic :: emotional : ________
- Give an example of a saw.
- They tried to _______ the angry mob by telling them their concerns would be addressed.
- Reading Shakespeare for the first time can be rather __________.
II. Do Part C on the Prepositions Sheet.
Partners OK. The additions MUST be prepositional phrases.
Share and correct.
- Use the phrase to describe the dream
- Use the phrases to describe where or when or how you are running.
- Use one to describe what kind of turtles. Use one to describe how/where they were chasing.
- 4.One for the horse, one for the appearing.
III. Finish Chapter 2 in Maus.
Answer the following in notebook:
"Maus Log 3 - 2/25/15." (10p)
- Vladek and Anja lived in what country?
- How does Anja get one of their tenants in trouble?
- What was Artie's nickname as a baby?
- What happens to Anja after the birth of Richieu?
- What is the first foreshadowing Vladek gets of the troubles that are coming?
- What does the story about the pillow tell us about Vladek's father?
- (2) Why do Anja and Richieu have to move back to Sosnowiec? Where does Vladek go?
- (2) How does Vladek feel about doctors? What evidence does he give for why he feels that way?
Read on in Maus - Chapter 3!