|Chapters 16 and 17|
- Why doesn't Jonas want to go back to The Giver? a) It's boring. b)He wants his childhood back. c) He doesn't think he's smart enoughto be the Receiver. d) All of the above. e) NOTA.
- All of these are things he has experiencedthrough the memories, except... a) Pain b) Loneliness c) Solitude d) Joy e) All of the above.
- Why was The Giver’s favorite memory warm andcomforting to Jonas? a) There was a fire. b) There was no pain c) It had all of the things he had learned to treasure d) Heliked the idea of presents. e) All of the above.
- The word Jonas is searching for to describethe feeling in the room of the memory is… a) Warmth b) Joy c) Happiness d) Contentment e) NOTA
- Jonas says that living like the people inthe Christmas memory would be dangerous. a) True b) False
- When Jonas asks his parents if they love him,their reaction could best be described as... a) anger b) frustration c) shock d) nonchalance e) NOTA
- After that conversation with his parents,Jonas.. a) tells Gabe that things could be different. b) liesto his parents. c) decides to stop taking his pill. d) allof the above. e) NOTA
- Now that Jonas is experiencing deepfeelings like anger and sadness, he realizes that his family doesn't reallyhave any feelings at all. a) True b) False
- Why is Jonas disturbed by the game his friendsare playing? a) He remembers the thirsty kid from his dream of war. b) He thinks it isn't fair. c) He doesn't understand the rules. d) He thinks it's dangerous. e) NOTA
- Why does Jonas feel overwhelmed with feelingsof loss? a) Asher told him he ruined the game. b) Fiona refusedto take a ride with him. c) He doesn't really like his old friendsany more. d) His friends can't love him back. e) NOTA
- In the Community, if you are an unruly childlike Gabriel, they can use the discipline wand on you even if you're notwalking yet. a) True b) False
Back to TheGiver