|Chapters 6 and 7|
Back to TheGiver
- What distinguishes the Sevens from the younger kids? a) They havebicycles b) They have to volunteer in the Community. c) Theirjackets button down the front. d) They get haircuts. e) NOTA
- This, in this community, was the first sign of independence. a) True b) False
- Gabriel has been scheduled for release because he has been labeled Uncertain. a) True b) False
- If a young child dies, he is replaced by one with the same name. a) True b) False
- When the elders match spouses, which of these factors is not taken intoaccount? a) intelligence b) disposition c) aptitude d) physical characteristics e) All are taken into account.
- If you don't fit in with the Community, you can apply to leave. a)True b) False
- Which of these does not happen during the yearly Ceremonies in the Community? a) Names are given to newchildren. b) Assignments are given. c) The Nines get their bikes. d) The Inadequate newchildren are released. e) All happen at the Ceremonies.
- Once you're a Twelve, you're considered an adult in the Community. a) True b) False
- When parents want to show special affection for a child, they call him/herby number instead of name. a) True b) False
- Why did the Chief Elder make a joke about chastising Asher's old teacher? a) Because the teacher was much like Asher. b) Because that teacherhad been released. c) Because Asher still doesn't speak properly. d) Because all the students of that teacher are like Asher. e) NOTA
- What does the Chief Elder say about the future Twelves' differences inher speech? a) Nothing; it's considered rude to mention differences. b) The differences have determined the futures of the future Twelves. c) The differences have stood out more than in previous groups. d)The differences still need to become sameness. e) NOTA
- What is the punishment used for small children? a) time out b) comfort object taken away c) reduced food d) disciplinewand e) There is no actual punishment, just chastisement.
- Why was Asher punished as a Three? a) He was rude. b) He didn'tpay attention. c) He literally asked for it. d) He failed severaltests. e) NOTA
- Because he is still so much like them, Asher is given the assignment asInstructor of Threes. a) True b) False
- Jonas is very disappointed in the Assignment he is given at the end ofChapter 7. a) True b) False