"Vocabulary Warm Up 1/6/15."
Write the word. Use your list. You will use one word twice.
- A gentle smile revealed her kind ______.
- She was ______ over the death of her partner.
- The coaches watched each potential player, looking for any natural ______(s) he might have.
- Homer _________(ed) to himself as he thought of the bear driving the little car.
- After Halloween, I hid my ______ of candy so my brother wouldn't steal any of it.
Fictional Utopias. Share and Discuss.
"Old Glory" p203.
Privacy and Freedom vs Safety?
1.85 million surveillance cameras in England.
The average Londoner is caught on camera around 300 times per day.
"Old Glory" Quiz.
- On the surface, who are we initially supposed to think is the protagonist of the story?
- If we dig deeper, who is REALLY the protagonist?
- Conflict #1:
- Conflict #2:
- Gran-Da would be considered a non-conformist. a) True b) False
- What right did the SOS law take away? a)
freedom of speech b) freedom of religion c) voting
rights d) right to a fair trial e) right to assemble
peaceably f) all of the above g) NOTA
- Why did Gran-Da try to burn the flag?
- Why did Donald turn him in?
- What/Who does Uncle represent?
- The theme of this story is "don't mess with the government." a) True b) False
- The last line of the story is meant to be ironic. a) True b) False