Prep sheet (use your own paper) for Giver Quiz 7/8:
Giver Quizzes: ___/12 ___/12
- Wacky Wordies:
- What a pair we are: For it is our sum times 24. What are the numbers? (Alert: math.)
Our sum is 100, but our product tells you more.
- Find the English word that can be formed using all these letters: PNLLEEEESSSSS. (Not a trick.)
- How far can you walk into the woods?
you and your three friends have five bananas each, and a monkey comes
along and takes three bananas from each of you, how many bananas will
you have left?
- How many letters are there in the correct answer to this question? (hahahahahahaha)
Giver Quiz 7/8. Write the answer.
- When parents want to show special affection for a child,
they call him/her by number instead of name. a) True b)
- (Quote.) What does the Chief Elder say about the future Twelves' differences in her speech?
- Why did the Chief Elder make a joke about chastising Asher's old teacher?
- What is the punishment used for small children? (Use their euphemism.)
- Why was Asher punished as a Three? a) He was
rude. b) He didn't pay attention. c) He literally asked for
it. d) He failed several tests. e) NOTA
- (Quote.) Why does the Committee of Elders continue to observe Twelves during their training?
- What is the most honored assignment in the community?
- (Quote.) How is the previous one described physically?
- What attribute does the Chief Elder say Jonas does not yet possess, but will?
- What attribute does Jonas have that the Chief Elder unable to describe because she does not understand it?
- Why is the Chief Elder unable to prepare Jonas for the pain he will experience?
- What makes Jonas feel a “tiny sliver of sureness for the first time”?
- The Giver is written in ______ person.
- Something that is static does not... a)
exist b) stop c) stand d) move e) stay f)
- Five _______ parents will be guests of honor. a) student's b) students' c) students's
- That boy is rather talented; he'll go far if he works hard
and practices. ~Which choice lists all the adverbs? a) rather,
talented b) rather, far c) rather, talented, far d)
rather, far, hard e) NOTA
- The prefix of this word means "good." a) dystopia b) euphemism c) empathy d) utopia e) NOTA