Assembly Schedule Today for Geography Bee.
Vocabulary Warm Up. Write the word. You might use words more than once.
- If you search more methodically, instead of so _________(ly), you will be more likely to find whatever you're looking for.
- painless : excruciating :: hidden : _______
- calm : unnerved :: simple : _______
- She was always very ________ about her work. That's why she got A's.
- Many rappers "sing" the praises of "bling" and _______ consumption.
If an item is a sentence consisting of only ONE INDEPENDENT clause, write IND.
If an item is a fragment consisting of only ONE DEPENDENT clause, write DEP.
If an item is a sentence consisting of BOTH, write either IND + DEP or DEP + IND.
- The wax is melting because it's too hot.
- When my brother started college.
- Some banks encourage savings accounts for young people.
- After she watched the news Tara ate a cheese roll.
- If you leave money in an account at least six months.
- (Bonus: Write a sentence that consists of one independent clause and one dependent clause.)
- Why are The Receiver’s doors locked? a) To insure
privacy. b) To protect him. c) To make
sure no one breaks in and steals his things. d) Because he
does "inappropriate" things like being rude. e) NOTA
- What is the most conspicuous difference between The Receiver’s dwelling and Jonas’s own dwelling?
- The Receiver looks so old because he is. a) True b) False
- What memories does the Receiver hold?
- Why does Jonas not understand the Receiver's comparison involving a sled?
- Why was Jonas so shocked at the end of chapter 10?