Warm Up. Use your vocab sheet. Yes. Yes.
- ______. (Bonus: Who is this?)
- ______. (Bonus: There are 7 types of this. Which one of these is this an example of? a) name-calling b) testimonial c) bandwagon d) plain folks)
- The Nuremberg laws ______(ed) the Jews of the right to vote and be citizens.
- The Nazi _______ included racial purity.
- A heart attack is a(n) __________ sign of an ongoing disease.
- His accent was a(n) _________; he wasn't really from France.
- (see #7) He just thought it made him sound _______.
- The camp counselors enforced the rules with too much ______.
- The Giver told Jonas that his job had _______ but not power.
- "I like turtles" is funny because the line is such a(n) ________.
- #4: S, CD, CX? 13. #7: S, CD, CX? 14. #10: S, CD, CX? 15. #11: S, CD, CX?
Preposition/SCC Review. Write each short sentence adding what is asked for. Just write the new sentence. (10p)
- Turtles were chasing me. -- Add an adjective prep phrase and an adverb prep phrase. Keep the sentence simple.
- The dream was exciting. -- Add a dependent clause to make a complex sentence.
- I was running. -- Add an adverb prep phrase and an independent clause to make a compound sentence.