Warm Up. Yes. Yes.
- Antonym for Figure #2: ______
- (2) Figure #3 shows the effects of sleep _____(ation) which is very ________ in today's society.
- (2) The Nazis used ______ to spread their ______ of racial hatred.
- During the Nazi occupation of Poland there was a(n) ______ shortage of food and other necessities in the Jewish community. (Not prevalent.)
- (2) The transfer of the 1936 Olympics to another country would have damaged Germany's _______, so they enforced their racist laws with less _____ during that time.
- It would not be very smart to show up for a job interview at a clothing store looking _____.
- Sixth period seems to like to interrupt the class with various ______(s) and random questions.
- #3: S, CD, CX?
- #5: S, CD, CX?
- #6: S, CD, CX?
- #3: Prep phrase or not?
- #5: Prep phrase or not?
- #7: Prep phrase or not?
- #8: Prep phrase or not?
- Suddenly a llama appeared. -- Add an adjective prep phrase and an adverb prep phrase. Keep the sentence simple.
- The UFO landed. -- Add an adjective prep phrase and a dependent clause and end up with a complex sentence.
- His dog is named Snakefinder. -- Add an adjective prep phrase and an independent clause and end up with a compound sentence.
Video of Art Spiegelman visiting the location. (10:00 - 13:49)
Also: Why he used cats and mice: (2:12--5:30)