Monday, 3/9/15 - Late Start Schedule.
Copy homework into assignment book.
- Perfect Paper I due Friday. Requirements:
- 350+ words in ink on paper. Put word count on paper.
- A centered title and NDP in upper right corner.
- 1 CD and 1 CX sentence, boldfaced or otherwised marked.
- Topic: Music. Please Note: Content will not be graded, only mechanics.
- 40 points. -5 for each mistake until I reach zero or the end of the paper. So K.I.S.S. Don't get too fancy.
- Proofread! Have it proofread! Proofread again! Read it aloud. Repeat.
- On Thursday I will publicly (under the doc cam) proofread for 4 or 5 brave souls.
- Today's tip:
- Song titles are in quotes: "Rock and Roll All Night."
- Albums are in italics OR underlined: Rock and Roll Over.
- Artists/Bands are simply capitalized: Kiss.
Warm Up. COPY! * = Spelling. ** = Vocabulary. Yes, spelling counts. Sigh.
- * read : illiterate :: think : _____ (2)
- * read : illiterate :: to BE read : ______
- * try : attempt :: escort : _______
- * delinquent : irresponsible :: infinity : ______
- * task : assignment :: variety : _____
Video of Art Spiegelman visiting the location. (10:00 - 13:49)
Also: Why he used cats and mice: (2:12--5:30)