Warm Up. (13p) Vocab Review II. Write the word.
- ______ (list #1)
- ______ (list #3)
- ______ (list #6)
- "The government doesn’t like us here. We have to pay big ____ to keep our business." (list #1)
- Unless you leave Laguna with some good reading and writing skills, you will _____ in high school. (list #2 - not meander)
- The plucky young girl stood up to the bully who was ______(ing) her, and he backed down. (list #3)
- "I am but a poor woman. I'm sure God does not ____ me my little economies." (list #4)
- "From someone who had no place in the world, she had suddenly become someone with a _______ of places." (list #4)
- There was ______ news about a huge storm approaching. (list #5)
you search more methodically, instead of so _________(ly), you will be
more likely to find whatever you're looking for. (list #6)
- Many rappers "sing" the praises of "bling" and _______ consumption. (list #6)
goal of immigrants used to be ________(ion), but these days people seem
to like to emphasize their differences. (list #7)
- He tried to ______ his income by selling encyclopedias door to door. (list #8)
Grammar Time! With Special Guests:
Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla - Pronouns!
Mr. Morton! - Subject and VERB!
The Lollys - Advoibs!
Grammar Practice. (15p) The exercise below goes in your notebook. If
you want to copy it onto your blue cheat sheet (using YOUR time, say
tonight), you may.
Instructions: Copy the sentence below and above each word, label its
part of speech. One is done for you. Bonus: What kind of word is and?
My llama rather likes his very hot oatmeal, and he quickly eats it with enthusiasm.