Thursday, 5/28/15 (10)
Alternative to YEE.
If you have completed your obligation, begin a sheet of paper in your
notebook. Title it, "YEE Alternative." Put your name on it.
Each day you have an alternative for extra credit, add that date and
your answers to the sheet. Turn it in at the end of the YEE attempts to
collect your extra credit. Lose the sheet, lose the points.
YEE ALT 5/28/15
- In a certain town, there are
over 100 streets. Street 1 is named First Street, street 2 is named
Second Street, and so on and so forth. A traveller decides to walk
through all these streets in the country. He could find all the streets
except Street 62. No matter how hard he tried, he could not find it.
He later found that the locals had given the street another name. What
is the name?
- How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
- Queso Cabesa is both the 50th best and the 50th worst student at his school. How many students attend his school?
are famous for their ability to multiply at breakneck speeds. You pick
up a baby mouse from the pet store the day after it was born. The type
of mouse you bought gives birth once a month, birthing 12 babies each
time. Baby mice mature and can give birth two months after they are
born. 12 months after it is born, the mouse will die. In 10 months,
how many mice will you have?
- What do the following
words have in common? Assess, Banana, Dresser, Grammar, Potato,
Revive, Uneven, Voodoo (Hint: It's a trick you can do with each word's
Maus Quiz. (11p)
- Why does Vladek not carry out the plan to escape from Auschwitz?
- (3) How does Vladek survive the ordeal in the train car? List three ways.
- What does Francoise mean when she says, "I'll bet you that Anja's notebooks were written on both sides of the page..." ?
(Do not use a quote. Explain what she means. +1 if you use a previous vocabulary word.)
- How does the French man help Vladek survive?
- (2) Where do Vladek's "troubles" begin? (1 word) What is his "trouble"? (1 word)
- (3) List at least three places where Vladek has hidden between the beginning of Maus I and now. (+1 each for more.)