(8)Before you sign anything, be sure to _____________
it very carefully.
(9) Even though he was so ____________ that it looked like he hadnít eaten in weeks, he still had a menacing atitude that made him seem like a very formidible adversary.
(10) For best results, ________ your teabag for at least five minutes.
pungent, dilapidated, steep, destitute, squalid, gaunt, circuitous, peruse, emanate, splendid
2) Finish "MFN" silently.
Q and A: Put your answers to 1-10(15 points) on your vocabulary sheet. Put your answers to the rest on a separate sheet. Your responses to these questions count toward your 600 words--if there is a date, and a word count at the top.
1.(3)List three of the stereotypes that Robert thought of when he first met Jeff.
2.(2)Why is Robert disappointed when Jeff tells him his family came from Boston looking for work? (p145)
3.(2)What do Jeff's father and Robert's father have in common?
4. (2)Why do the Midnight Raiders start throwing their vegetables?
5. Mardis Gras is French for _______.
6. (2) What is Lent? When?
7. Name a book/story by Jack London.
8. What's a piazza? (p150)
9. What's a davenport? (p146)
10. "I found myself staring into the eyes of Jefferson Johnson Stone." (p152) What is going through each boy's mind at this moment?
11.Why doesn't Robert run from Nutsy at the end? Explain why you think so.
12. Could/should Robert have done anything differently? If you were in Robert's position, how would you have handled your friendships with Jeff and the Midnight Raiders?
13. What effect do you think the events of the story will have on Robert? Has he changed as a person? In what ways? What makes you think so?
14. "Somehow Jefferson seemed to belong to the Soup. I just couldn't picture him away from there." (p147) --respond.