NOUNS OR VERBS?
The same word may be a noun in one sentence and
a verb in another. In each instance below, determine whether
the underlined word is used as a noun or a verb and a place the
circled letter in the appropriate column. The letters in the
two columns, when read from the bottom up will give the more common
names for the following items:
A hand held, portable communications inscriber is
A manually operated , fastener-driving impact device
is a ______________________________________.
- In both plays she had been cast in he
role of and attorney.
- I am going to paper the wall in the bedroom
- The time for action has arrived.
- According to the recipe, you bone the
chicken before baking it.
- Who is going to time the contest?
- Because of my sprained ankle, I can't climb
on the roof to fix the antenna.
- The climb up Walton mountain took us two
- A fish bone, if swallowed, may require
- He plays chess like an expert.
- The deserted house on the hill will soon
be demolished .
- This apartment complex can house up to
a thousand people.
- Did you hand in your paper on time?