Wednesday, 11/5/14 -- Remember that essays go live tomorrow @ 5pm. If yours doesn't, it's late!
Lollys'! Lolly's? Lollys?
Warm Up -11/5/14. (14p)
a) Copy the underlined WORD. b) Determine if the underlined word is an adjective or an adverb. c) Write the word that it modifies.
Example: That oil painting is absolutely magnificent. absolutely - _______ - _______
- A nicely trimmed lawn is an asset to a front
- (x2) With his silly attitude, he fits the role
of the jester perfectly.
- The early bird gets the worm.
- She has curly blonde hair and blue eyes.
- (x2) At the pet shop, a cuddly, little kitten
snuggled up to me, and I nearly bought it.
Checking and Correcting: Pink Sheet-Adverbs p113.
Part A on the board.
Part B-go-round. Blurt out your word as soon as the person on your right has blurted!
Adj/Adv Quiz Tomorrow. Study your pink sheet.
Outsiders to the end if possible.