Tuesday, 11/18/14 -- Checking vocab definitions.
"Practice moderation in all things. Including moderation."
"Warm Up, 11/18/14 - Somebody / Wanted / But / So (SWBS)
Somebody: character / Wanted: goal or motivation / But: conflict / So: outcome or resolution
1. Character from Outsiders.
"Vocabulary Practice, 11/18/14." (13p) Do not copy. Write the vocabulary word.
For 1-4, use this sentence starter:
"This pic represents the word _____ because..."
2. 3. 4.
5. It was hard to believe that such a big voice ___________(ed) from such a little girl.
6. The fact we can shoot baskets with our used handouts means that once we use them, they are ____________.
7. He was a very ___________, very confident public speaker, he never got nervous in front of a crowd.
8. Kids who learn to be _________ are better able to cope when things go bad.
9. "The more things change, the more they stay the same," is an old French saying. It is also seems like an example of a(n)______.
(Bonus: Give an example that illustrates the idea. Hint: Mr. Calandro is the 6th principal I have had at Laguna.)
Check Vocabulary Ratings. Don't write them down until after tomorrow's warm up.
"A Sound of Thunder"
by Ray Bradbury
"I don't try to describe the future. I try to prevent it."
"Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down."