Wednesday, 11/19/14 - Checking Vocabulary II.
Quiz Tomorrow: Vocabulary and ASoT. Open NOTEBOOK!
"Warm Up, 11/19/14"
You can actually see backwards in time every day/night. You don't need any sort of contraption either. Try to guess how.
Any semi-reasonable, complete-sentence answer gets extra credit. Go.
Do a WWWWW so far for ASoT. (That looks funny.)
"Vocabulary Practice, 11/19/14." Do not copy. You might use words more than once.
For 1-3, please use the sentence: "This pic represents the word _____ because..."
4. valuable : expendable :: hysterical : ______
- 2. 3.
5. criticize : critique :: wiggle : ______
6. mattress : resilient :: matches (the kind that burn) : _______
7. "The government doesn’t like us here. We have to pay big ____ to keep our business."
8. The smells ______(ing) from the kitchen were very tempting.
9. She was ______ on the edge of the cliff, ready to leap.
Vocabulary Ratings. Any word you rate less than a four: write the definition and draw a pic in your notebook.
24,696,000,000,000 miles (4.2 light years) / 100,000 mph = 246,960,000 years to get there.