Tomorrow's Test: AWs (cheat sheet ok), Vocabulary (no cheat sheet), FROs (pink sheet), Plot (see below), Outsiders (open book)
"Warm Up, 10/2/14." Do not copy. Write the answer. * = AW ** = Vocabulary
- * hint : imply :: limit : ______
- * first : initial :: adequate : ______
- The prefix that most of our AWs share is co-, which means _______.
- ** The adventurer's ______(s) made for a great novel.
- ** deja vu : past :: _______ : future
- ** mature : juvenile :: clear-headed : ___________
- CS, F, RO? Explained the rules of the game and demonstrated it.
- CS, F, RO? Chief Wiggum, the doughnut-eater and chief cop.
- CS, F, RO? Up the mountain we trudged.
- CS, F, RO? On his back, the bug wriggled his little legs.
PLOT. The Structure of Fiction. Copy the diagram into your notebook.
- Exposition: The 5 W's.
- Inciting Incident (Moment): Starts the plot rolling. Illustrates the Conflict: ____ vs. _____ (What is it in The Outsiders?)
- Rising Action: The ups ands downs of the action. (More like a rollercoaster.)
- Climax: The highest point in the story. (Flying off the tracks and hitting.)
Falling Action: Wrap up.
- Resolution: "They lived happily ever after." (Denouement. "The untying of the knot.")
scene in the novel where Pony tells Cherry (and us) about Johnny
getting jumped is part of the ______, and it also illustrates main ____
of the novel. (Use the appropriate literary terms to fill the blanks.)